If you want to grow your business, it’s important to use the best tools for the job. A lot of people think that using Google Adwords is a great way to increase their visibility and generate more traffic. But there are other options out there as well, including Local Search Engine Optimization or what some people call “Local SEO”.
There are pros and cons to each option so let’s take a closer look at them both.
What is Local Search Engine Optimization?
Local search engine optimization is the process of optimizing a website for local searches. Local SEO is the practice of optimizing a website to rank higher in local search results. This can be done by adding your business to local directories, creating pages for your business on Google+, and optimizing your website’s title tags and meta descriptions.
If you want to rank at the top of local search results for a particular city or town, you need to find out how people in that location search online. Find out what keywords they are using and adjust your SEO strategy accordingly.
Local SEO vs. Adwords
Local search engine optimization, or SEO, is a service that we provide to ensure that your business shows up on the first page of Google for your desired keywords.
Adwords, on the other hand, is a service that drives traffic to your website and/or lead capture form by purchasing ad spots for specific search terms where users are more likely to click.
Benefits of Local SEO
1. Branding: Local SEO can help to promote a brand name and increase website traffic. This boosts a businesses online presence and helps the business connect with customers, which drives conversions.
2. Cost-effective: Traditional marketing efforts often require enormous budgets in order to achieve growth, but local SEO costs much less to maintain. In fact, many small business owners using SEO manage to make their investment back in just two or three months! Plus, continual maintenance is usually free because it consists of updating content instead of advertising across different platforms.
3. Enhanced customer service: Local SEO can help a company reach out to new customers who are looking in that specific geographical location for a need they might have. It also fosters relationships with customers making them loyal to a specific business.
4. More targeted website traffic: The more time that a customer spends on a page, the higher the conversion will be for that business. Local SEO helps to boost these metrics and improve overall site performance because it increases the time spent on site by sending qualified leads, usually from nearby locations!
Get Started with Local SEO
When you’re ready to start a local SEO campaign for your business, you’ll need to create a list of keywords and phrases that are relevant to your industry and target market. You can find keyword ideas using the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool.
Once you have a list of keywords, you’ll need to create a landing page for each one, optimize your website for local search, and claim and verify your business listing on Google Maps and other local directories. You can also promote your business with local ads and build links to your website from relevant websites in your industry.
Get the Most Out of Your Campaign
Here are some helpful tips on how to get the most out of your local SEO campaign:
– Use keywords that are relevant for your industry and target market. For example, if you’re a dentist then keywords like “dentist near me” or “implants cost” might be good choices.
– Optimize your website for local search to ensure that Google can easily find it. You can use Google’s Local Business Center tool to verify your listing and edit details about your business, like hours of operation.
– Claim and verify your business listing on Google Maps and other directories so that you appear in search results for searches near your location.
– Promote your business with local ads – these will only show on searches for businesses in your area.
– Build links to your website from relevant websites in your industry – these will help improve how Google ranks your site.
Local SEO can help to promote a brand name and increase website traffic. This boosts a businesses online presence and helps the business connect with customers, which drives conversions. Traditional marketing efforts often require enormous budgets in order to achieve growth, but local SEO costs much less to maintain. In fact, many small business owners using SEO manage to make their investment back in just a few months!
NetLocal’s team has many years of experience in helping businesses maximize their revenue through local SEO. Check out the rest of our website and schedule a free analysis of your business’s website today!