If you have two business locations with separate Google My Business listings, you may be wondering if there’s a way to merge them into one. The good news is that it is possible to merge two Google My Business listings, and we’re here to show you how.
Keep reading to learn more.
What is a Google My Business Listing and Why Do You Need One?
A Google My Business listing is an online profile that provides information about your business. It helps customers find your business and learn more about what you do. Having a listing is important because it can help improve your visibility in search results, which can lead to more customers finding and using your business.
How to Create a GMB Listing
There are a few different ways to create a listing. You can either create a new listing from scratch, or you can claim an existing listing that’s already been created. You can also merge two listings if you have multiple listings for the same business.
How to Merge Two GMB Listings
The process for merging two listings is fairly simple. First, you’ll need to sign into your Google My Business account. Then, you’ll need to find the listing that you want to keep and click on the “Edit” button. Once you’re editing the listing, scroll down to the “Additional Information” section and click on the “Merge duplicate listings” link.
On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter the URL of the listing that you want to merge. Enter the URL and click on the “Merge” button. Google will then review the listings and, if everything looks good, they’ll merge the listings for you.
How to Optimize a GMB Listing
Some of the best ways to optimize your GMB listing include:
- Make sure your business name, address, and phone number match what’s on your website and other directories. Consistency is key when it comes to citations and local SEO.
- Include keywords in your business description, but don’t stuff them.
- Choose the right category for your business.
- Add as many photos as you can, including a cover photo, logo, and product photos. You can also add videos, which can give potential customers a virtual tour of your business.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews, and respond to both positive and negative reviews.
- Make use of GMB’s Posts feature, which lets you share updates, events, and special offers.
- Monitor your listing regularly and make sure all the information is up-to-date.
- Consider using GMB Insights to track how your listing is performing and see how customers are finding you.
Following these tips can help you optimize your GMB listing, which can in turn improve your visibility in local search results and help you attract more customers.
If you’re looking to create or optimize your Google My Business listing, following the tips in this article can help. By making sure your business name, address, and phone number are consistent across all directories and adding photos and videos, you can give potential customers a better idea of what your business is about. You should also make use of GMB’s Posts feature to share updates, events, and special offers.
Finally, don’t forget to monitor your listing regularly and make sure all the information on it is up-to-date.