Google My Business is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. It allows business owners to create and manage their online presence with ease, from one central location. One of the most important features of Google My Business is the ability to designate a primary owner. The primary owner has access to a variety of tools and resources that are not available to other users, such as the ability to edit business information and respond to reviews.
But do you know how to transfer Google My Business ownership? Keep reading to learn more.
What is Google My Business and What are the Benefits of Using It?
Google My Business is a free online platform that allows business owners to manage their business information across Google platforms, including Google Search and Maps.
Some benefits of using Google My Business include:
– Increased visibility and reachability on Google Search and Maps
– More accurate business information on Google Search and Maps
– Easier management of customer reviews
– Insights into customer engagement
How to Change the Primary Owner of Your Google My Business Listing
If you’re the primary owner of a Google My Business listing, you may have noticed that there’s no way to change the primary owner from within the dashboard. This is because the primary owner is automatically set by Google, based on a number of factors. However, there are a few ways you can change the primary owner of your Google My Business listing.
1. The first way to change the primary owner of your Google My Business listing is to contact Google directly and request that they make the change for you. You can do this by visiting the Google My Business help center and submitting a request.
2. The second way to change the primary owner of your Google My Business listing is to transfer ownership of the listing to another user. This can be done from within the Google My Business dashboard. To do this, click on the listing you want to transfer, then click on the “Info” tab. Scroll down to the “Owner” section and click on the “Transfer ownership” link.
3. The third way to change the primary owner of your Google My Business listing is to delete the listing and then create a new one. This should only be done as a last resort, as it will result in all of your business information being erased and you will have to start from scratch. To delete your listing, click on the listing you want to delete, then click on the “Info” tab. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Delete this business” link.
Things to Consider Before Changing the Primary Owner of Your GMB Listing
Some things to consider before changing the primary owner on Google My Business include:
– Ensuring that the new primary owner is someone who is actively involved in managing the business.
– Communicating with the current primary owner and other team members about the change.
– Updating the business information, such as the contact information, to reflect the change in primary ownership.
– Reviewing the current permissions and access levels for each team member to ensure that the new primary owner has the necessary permissions.
Consequences of Changing the Primary Owner of a GMB Listing Without the Proper Permissions
If you change the primary owner on a GMB listing without proper permissions, you could:
– Lose access to the listing entirely
– Have your changes reverted by the previous owner
– Be suspended from Google My Business
Therefore, it’s important to make sure that you have the necessary permissions before changing the primary owner of a GMB listing.
How to Add Users to Google My Business
To add users to a GMB listing, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Google My Business account.
2. Click the Users icon in the menu.
3. Click the Add Users button.
4. Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a user, then click the Send Invite button.
5. The new user will receive an email with instructions on how to accept the invite and sign in to Google My Business.
Why Choose NetLocal?
NetLocal SEO is the perfect choice for businesses looking for an experienced and reliable Google My Business optimization service. We have years of experience optimizing business listings for our clients, and we know how to get results.
When you partner with us, you can be confident that your listing is in good hands. We will work diligently to ensure that your listing is optimized for maximum visibility and reach.
Contact us today to set up a free SEO audit of your website.