How Does Local Search Work
netlocal Search Engine Optimization – partnering with Local Businesses to buiuld leads and brand awareness for long term success.
From keywords to link building to content strategy, running a small business in today’s modern world requires a significant amount of marketing. Competing against multiple companies — many of which may be in your local area — can be a challenge without a fully-realized web presence.
One important tool you need to consider when developing your marketing strategy is local search marketing. Local search is an integrated approach to marketing for small businesses operating within a certain geographic location.
By trusting a local search company to optimize your web content for your target market, you can increase your conversions and build your competitive advantage.
The Basics of Local Search
When most customers are trying to find a business near them, they perform a local search. They may type in “bookstore near me” or “coffee shop Pottstown” to find a relevant location that meets their needs. With a local search marketing strategy, your business can reach the top of these search results and allow more customers to find and choose you.
Local search companies employ a wide range of SEO techniques to boost your website’s visibility and place your company’s information in the right search queries. To accomplish this, your local search specialist will implement content to tell search engines what they need to know about you and your services.
For example, your local search specialist may:
- Include accurate contact information across platforms and website, including your company’s NAPU (name, address, phone number, and URL)
- Imbue your web content with keywords related to your business and the geographic location you serve.
- Develop a quality site structure with a strong user experience to encourage customers to stay on your website.
- Build your web presence by creating social profiles, encouraging other credible websites to link to your site content, and setting up accounts for your across local business listings like Yelp and Google My Business.
- Create a comprehensive content strategy to engage your audience, build your industry credibility, and introduce potential customers to your brand.
- Local search marketing can be complex, but these techniques are vital to help you stand out from the crowd. Investing in a local search company can provide you with the professional edge you need to boost your conversion rate.
Tips for Beginning Your Local Search Strategy
If you’re looking to start applying local search techniques for your business, follow these tips.
- Set up social media profiles with updated contact information so potential customers can find and follow you.
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews for your services on websites such as Yelp, Google, and Facebook.
- Ensure your contact information is clear and consistent across all sites.
- Hire a local search company to help create your strategy. Trusting a local search specialist to improve your website allows you to sit back and let the conversions roll in.
SEO plans starting at $800/month
Get in touch for a free analysis.
Contact NetLocal Local Search Company Today
If you are in need of local SEO services and need a specialist to create a comprehensive strategy for your business, look no further than NetLocal. For over ten years, our local search company has helped small businesses take their marketing strategy to the next level, creating connections and conversions along the way.
Contact us today at (800) 453-7181 to schedule your free evaluation and learn more about our local search services.