Adding keywords to your Google My Business listing can boost your web presence and help customers find you more easily. In this article, we will show you how to add keywords to your business listing and provide some tips for choosing the right keywords.
Keep reading to learn more.
What are Keywords and Why Do They Matter?
Keywords are words or phrases that you think people might use when searching for your business. They help Google understand what your business is about and how it can help potential customers. Adding keywords to your Google My Business listing can help your business rank higher in Google’s search results.
How to Identify Relevant Keywords
There are a few things to keep in mind when adding keywords to your listing:
1. Relevance: The keywords you choose should be relevant to your business. Think about what potential customers might search for when looking for a business like yours.
2. Location: If you have a physical location, include keywords that reflect your city, region, or country. This will help Google know where to show your listing in search results.
3. Category: Choose keywords that reflect the category of your business. This helps Google know which searches your listing should appear for.
4. Popularity: Choose popular keywords that people are actually searching for. You can use a tool like Google AdWords Keyword Planner to see which keywords are being searched for the most.
5. Competition: Avoid choosing keywords that are too competitive. If you’re a small business, it can be hard to rank for keywords that bigger businesses are also targeting.
How to Add Keywords to Your Google My Business Listing
1. First, make sure that your business is verified with Google.
2. Once you’re verified, open the Google My Business listing for your business and click on “Edit”.
3. Scroll down to the “Business info” section and click on the “Keywords” tab.
4. Here, you can add up to 5 keywords that describe your business. Be sure to choose keywords that are relevant to your business and that potential customers are likely to search for.
5. Once you’ve added your keywords, click “Apply” and then “Done”.
Now that you know how to add keywords to your Google My Business listing, you can start optimizing your listing for better visibility in search results. Remember to keep your keywords relevant to your business and to choose keywords that potential customers are likely to search for. With a little optimization, you can help your business stand out in Google’s search results and attract more customers.
Benefits of Adding Keywords to Your GMB Listing
There are a few key benefits of adding keywords to your GMB listing:
1. Increased Visibility in Local Search Results: Adding the right keywords to your GMB listing can help you rank higher in local search results, making it easier for potential customers to find you.
2. Greater Accuracy in Google Maps Results: Including relevant keywords in your GMB listing can help Google better understand your business, which can lead to more accurate results in Google Maps.
3. More Control Over Your Business Information: By adding keywords to your GMB listing, you have greater control over how your business information appears in search results. This can be helpful in ensuring that potential customers see the most relevant information about your business.
4. Improved Click-Through Rates: Including keywords in your GMB listing can help improve your click-through rate since potential customers are more likely to click on a listing that includes the keywords they searched for.
5. Increased Leads and Customers: Ultimately, adding keywords to your GMB listing can help increase leads and customers for your business. By making it easier for potential customers to find you and learn about your business, you can increase the chances that they’ll reach out to you or visit your store or website.
Why Choose NetLocal?
There are many reasons to choose NetLocal as your GMB optimization service. First and foremost, we are experts in the field with years of experience. This means that we know how to get your business to the top of the search results on Google.
We will work with you to create custom keywords that are relevant to your business and will help you to attract more customers. Finally, we offer a free consultation so that you can learn more about our services and how they can benefit your business.
Contact us today to learn more about how our digital marketing services can improve your online reputation and boost your revenue.