Beware of anyone selling clicks, especially cheap clicks. Many firms offer a set number of clicks per month at a set rate per click. The per click rate is low relative to what the going google or Bing/Yahoo PPC click charge is and it is tempting.
Clicks or site visits alone are of little value. And cheap clicks are cheap for a reason..i.e. they don’t bring value.
Some things to ask when being offered cheap clicks.
- What keywords will be used to get these clicks?
- Where will my ad be shown on?
- What geo graphic area will it cover?
- How do I know for sure that the keywords, geo area and sites are what the sales person actually told me?
- Will I be able to track sources and keywords?
- What is the term of the contract? If not month to month, why?
- How much control do I have over the message and how quickly can I make a change?
And DO NOT sign a term contract. A reputable agency will allow you to cancel your contract at anytime. If the service is good and you are getting a return, a good firm will be able to demonstrate that to you and show that you are getting sales from the efforts.